Monday, March 1, 2010

The Beard

Day 58 and 59: So... for those of you who don't know... there is this James Beard foundation... James Beard, a quintessential American chef, now deceased. His foundation awards top chef accolades to chefs and other F&B professionals... Anyhow, Jacob and Matt were nominated for a James Beard award in the Southeastern category. Professionally, this is the most awesome thing... hands down... ever. Well, aside from winning (which probably won't happen, this year anyway). The point: it gives credence to the hard work that we have been doing for five years. It is awesome, in the true sense of the word, and humbling. There are so many amazing chefs out there... and to be counted...it's... well, I'm at a loss for words. OK, so that aside... personally, being REALLY busy and feeling the pressure of trying to be on top of our game has made my little side project, of running everyday, harder to do. Even harder than when I was sick. I have to find little snippets of time to fit in running. I'm finally feeling well and like myself, but I cannot seem to carve out much more than 35 minutes to fit in a run. Day 58, I ran the 5K as fast as I could because it was the ONLY day I have to go to the grocery store, do laundry and clean my house... all while one child is still on quarantine with the pox. Ok, so that one down... and I SOOO need new running shoes. So, today day 59 (almost 60 days in!!!) I got running shoes, went to the chiropractor and went on a really nice five mile run with my friend Melissa. It was nice to squeeze that in. Snow is on the forecast for the next four days... which I am well over. But, if I can hang in there, eventually, I can get back on increasing my mileage, running without the Ninja Suit, and maybe even enjoy some sunshine.... Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.... It is only March 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment