Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring rain

Day 69: Some jokes could be made about today.... (69...) but I will skip those for now. I went running with a new buddy today. Jessi, who just started running, went out for a just shy of 5 mile run. It was beautiful weather. Slightly overcast and just about 50 degrees... perfect running weather. We kept a decent pace, just a touch slower than I would normally run, but still a healthy 9.5 minute mile. I was talking up a storm the whole way, as per usual. It was great. And it makes me feel even more invigorated to run, and continue to run into the SPRING!!! (If you have not gotten it already, I LOVE spring!)

Day 70: It was a good day. I slept a full 9 hours! I loved it! I went to work and wasn't running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My Thursday afternoon wine meeting didn't degrade into a bitching match with my "large sour grape" wine distributor and overall things feel like they are rolling along nicely. The weather was warm-ish and misty, but fun to run in. I would have happily taken a longer run, but my younger son was at home alone finishing his homework and wasn't too thrilled about being alone. So, I did four miles in a respectable 35 minutes. And I just enjoyed being out and smelling the rain on the concrete. I know it is possible for more cold to come, but I am bolstered by the knowledge that the winter will have to give up it's fight soon. Thank you, spring! And I have less than 300 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment