Sunday, March 7, 2010

Running, running, running keep them doggies running!

Days 60 to 66: I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging about running because I didn't feel like I had anything new to say. The winter weather returned, making for some sloshy, cold runs. But Jacob went with me two days in a row and we did some good hill work outs, which was nice for variety. Then, my damn cold returned, making my energy level sink again, so I stuck pretty close to running 3.5 miles each day. Days 63 and 64 were particularly bad. I really wanted to fall over and fall asleep on the sidewalk. But, I have locked into the ability to run my 5k on autopilot. I think that is mostly a good thing. The sun came out yesterday and our little town warmed up. It was great! Today was a decent run. I did five miles, a little slower than I would've liked, but I did it. I am thrilled with running in shorts! Every end of winter/early spring I get so excited I preemptively start wearing too few clothes... and running is no exception. But it keeps me moving so I don't freeze. I'm hoping in the spring I can reinvigorate my longer runs. I have really fallen off with those as of late. But... at least I'm still running everyday! I think at the end of the first quarter I am going to treat myself to a 90 minute massage. Yep, that's my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment