Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In laws and bullies

Day 72: Uneventful day. I did my usual 5 mile route. It was a little cool and overcast, but overall decent day. It was good to go out... knowing my in-laws were going to be descending upon us later in the day.

Day 73: In-laws in town, good day for a long run. Jacob went with me. It was about 45 degrees and only partly cloudy. Jacob took me out for a six mile,keep-up-with-me run. It was good. I didn't push quite as hard as I could have, but was worked. I made the mistake of telling Jacob that... so...

Day 74: I went out with Jacob again and he kicked my ass until the end. We did about 5.5 miles of a really hilly run. The weather was cold, AGAIN. But at least it was dry. My legs were sore afterward from all of the hills.

Day 75: I had less than 35 minutes to get my run done and take a shower since we had a meeting about bullying at my eldest son's school. (of which there are about 14 kids in the 6-8th grades and somehow bullying can still be an issue...) My legs were feeling fatigued and I was out of sorts from having house guests. (My in-laws sleep in the room where my computer is, and that kept me from blogging this past few days). I did the 5k in 30 minutes because of my legs and general energy level. So, I took a really quick shower and was still late to the meeting. It worked out alright, as I just bullied them all into repeating everything that I had missed... 75 days in... not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment