Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gimme, gimme, more... gimme more...gimme, gimme more

Day 82: Beautiful day! Absolutely the opposite of yesterday. Sunny, warm, wonderful. I had all this office work to do that I blew off to sit on the porch in the sunshine. Wonderful! I didn't want to leave my sunny perch to run (which was not aided by the fact that my husband was rounding up the usual suspects to play Boccie ball and drink beer). But I got out, like a good girl, and ended up having an exceptionally nice run. I ran five miles in 43 minutes. I felt strong and light and really enjoyed being outside. I may have run longer if I wasn't thinking about buddies and beer. The only down side was that that Britney Spears song, "Gimme more" (or something or other) was stuck in my head for almost the entire run. And since I do not know any of the other words... I had to suffer through the staccato lines of gimme, gimme, more; gimme more, gimme, gimme more... and that was it. Nonetheless, today was one of those days I was happy to be alive... and running.

Day 83: Another beautiful day in Asheville. I had several obligations, so I just went out and did the 5k that I do and add another 1/4 mile to make it 3.5. My legs were feeling a little sore, but mostly it was good. It took me just under 30 minutes.

Day 84: Some days feel like I am "on punishment". Today was one of those. My house: messy! My workplace: detritus! My boys: crazy! My work: undone! I wasn't feeling really motivated and my lower calf muscles were screaming at me the whole time. I did the light, easy stride that feels like a more "relaxed" run. I ran just three miles today, and felt everyone of them. I was happy when it was over... and hoping for a better day tomorrow. Oh, and it spit rain at me the whole time... at least it was 55!

No comments:

Post a Comment