Friday, March 12, 2010

BOOM! BANG! CRASH!

Day 71: When I left work, it was misting but nice out. When I was just about to get my running clothes on... BOOM! Thunder and lightning and a downpour of rain. I waited for a bit to see if the lightning would pass and the rain would slow... and it seemed to. So, I took my chance. I wore a rain coat with the hood up to give me some protection from the rain. But I may as well not. I was probably soaked through by about the first mile. It was one of those rains that go sideways and upways and downways and everyways. And the thunder and lightning were just taking a momentary rest. It is a little scary to run in a thunderstorm. I know that driver's visibility is at a minimum. I took the hood of my raincoat down, because I was soaked anyway and my glasses were covered and it felt like it was impeding my ability to see by being up. I was planning on my 5 mile run, but ended up cutting it down to 4 because of how crazy it was out there. At one point, I was sure the lightning hit right behind me and the thunder clap that immediately followed scared the shit out of me, thankfully not literally. My feet were soaked, my hair was soaked and I felt like a drowned rat. When I got home, I was so happy to get out of my wet stuff that I forgot to check my time. I would guess it was relatively slow due to the conditions and my timidness when I can't see very well. It is supposed to rain for the next few days, which is fine with me as long as it doesn't get cold again!

No comments:

Post a Comment