Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do they make a pill for that?

Day 24: I went out running today in torrential rain. It was pretty interesting. The trees branches were poetically lovely with droplets of rain on their ends. But eventually my glasses got so wet I couldn't see. So, I took them off and I could only see large shapes and colors. It was mildly entertaining. When I don't wear my glasses and try to function in the outside world, it feels like I am inebriated. My equilibrium is off and everything is fuzzy. It makes for a bizarre run. I didn't notice the soreness of my legs until running today. They weren't terribly sore, but just a little tight and tender. I ran just under 4.3 miles in about 38 minutes. I didn't want to take my watch since it is not waterproof. I was surprised that I was keeping the pace I was and that I didn't feel too winded at the end. My legs were just ready to stretch and be done. And I was starting to get hungry. I assumed if I was running everyday that my appetite would increase, but I haven't really noticed a change. The only thing I have noticed is that I seem to get sleepier earlier in the evening, but that's about it. And I think my calf muscles might be bigger, which I would rather NOT have happen, being as I have the Hill balloon calf muscles as it is. They really do not need to get any balloonier. It's supposed to rain a good portion of this week, so I guess I'll get used to the woozy feeling of running without my glasses. The temperature has been holding pretty steady, so that is one thing in my favor. It's funny though, with the weather being temperate, I feel like it's not nearly as tough to run outside everyday. Hurumpf.... I just can't ever be satisfied... maybe they make a pill for that....

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you wear contacts and why am I the only person who ever comments? Are your other followers that lame? C'mon people! She wants to know we are out here reading...

    ReplyDelete