Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy days...

Day 10: Sunday. Rest day. Lazy Day. Hard to motivate one's self day. The hardest part about today was getting myself out the door. I slept late this morning, had a late brunch with a mimosa, took a nap... all in all a lazy day. I kept putting off going. I had excuses... my head kinda hurt... doesn't matter. My stomach doesn't feel so great... doesn't matter. I don't want to go... doesn't matter. Finally, I just made myself gear up and step out the door. Once I started going, it was no longer an issue. But I had several moments of wondering why in the hell I decided to do this to myself... and it is only day 10. Shit. But I went. I got myself out the door, with great effort, but I did it. I ran 4 miles in 36 minutes. It felt overall pretty good and the weather was decent. Tomorrow's high is 40 degrees and sunny. I am pretty excited about that. I think I will skip the mimosa and nap before running, and maybe it won't be so difficult to get my arse out the door... one can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment