Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rainy days and heavy legs

Day 16: It was a pretty good day. I ran 6 miles in about 55 minutes, I think. I forgot to check the time when I got back because it was so nice outside I had to stretch and sit on the porch. About halfway through the run, my legs felt really tired and I wanted to stop, but I pushed through and recovered enough to finish the run and feel just fine.

Day 17: Today, however, was a little different. It was raining by the time I got it together to go and I was feeling unmotivated. So, I ran for 35 minutes around the neighborhood. I don't know my distance, I just ran aimlessly around. My lower calves were feeling pretty sore and I had to run slowly and remind myself to stay "light". I was glad when it was done. So, I stretched thoroughly and am sure tomorrow will be easier. It is funny that I don't even consider the idea of not running. It's like I know I have to go, so I try to go at the most convenient time. I have noticed that if I don't get out when I am first ready my momentum suffers. I have to set my intention and then go, not dawdle. Today there was a lot of dawdling, which was not all because of me. I do have that family that requires a good bit of my attention after all, and they are really good at helping me dawdle. The Hot Chocolate 10K is this weekend and I am trying to figure out how to prepare myself for that. Maybe just slow, easy runs up until the race will be enough like a break so that I am raring to go on Saturday morning. At least I'll be running with 800 other people. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment