Monday, January 18, 2010

"Oh, now I know why it's called Hill Street!"

Day 18: I was feeling a little puny at work today. I was afraid I might be getting sick. So, Melissa came to the rescue. She came to run with me this afternoon, which was perfect. I decided to do a route we had not done before. It required running down Courtland and then up, up, up, up and up Hill Street. I am not sure what possessed me to run up Hill Street, since I didn't really want to run. I thought for some reason that would be a good choice. And so, half way up Hill Street is when Melissa remarked, "OH! Now, I know why it's called Hill Street! Next time let's run on slope street or slide street!" Point taken. My calf muscles were burning by the time we were at the top and I had to stop and stretch for a minute. But as soon as we were up the hill, it was smooth sailing. Maybe that's why I picked it. After all the hard work, you just get to sail... or I am crazy and just wanted a new route. Either way, it was nice to have a friend to run with. I don't feel like I am getting sick, I may have just been fatigued. We ran about 4 miles in about 40 minutes, and then had a beer. It was pretty nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Runner, are you still there? It is Thursday but your last posting was on Monday. Did you run everyday outside? Some of us really are following your posts...

    ReplyDelete