Friday, January 8, 2010

51 weeks left to go...

Day 8: Cold again! The warmer weather of yesterday made today's cold seem even colder. And it was even colder! 15 degrees, but felt like 0 (according to the weather channel). It was brutal. My face now feels like leather. It was not a bad run when the wind wasn't blowing, but the wind really felt like blowing almost the whole run. I ran the neighborhood 5k and didn't time myself, I just went. I ate a light lunch (lesson learned from beef stew) but made the mistake of getting home from work and puttering around the house, which started to diminish my momentum. (Another lesson, just go as soon as getting home from work and it will be much easier to motivate) My legs were not as sore today, so that's good. Tomorrow is supposed to be equally as cold, so I may stick to just around 3.5 or 4 miles... but next week might be warmer (all the way into the 40's!). My son's think I am odd for doing this. My older son told me I was going to look like a man if I ran every day for the year and my younger son said I would be able to run a mile in "like two minutes" by the end of this year. I like the younger boys prediction. We'll see... maybe I'll never want to run again, who knows? Although I realized that if I count weeks, in addition to days, it might seem more like the goal is steadily being accomplished. So, 51 weeks left, woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment