Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Running with friends and the Ninja suit

Day 11: I forgot to blog yesterday with all of the other things I had to do. I did not forget to run, however. My cousin, Anna and Melissa and I went running in the late afternoon. It was 36 degrees outside, and felt awesome. Running with friends really helps the miles fly by. We did five miles; I forgot to bring a watch but I think we ran it in just under 50 minutes (Having to run at the 5 foot 1 girl's pace). My legs felt great, my footfall was light and overall my 11th day in was enjoyable. Melissa did ask me a question I am getting a lot, which is "what will I do if I get sick?" Currently my answer is: I'm not going to get sick. Short of that, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. When I envisioned doing this, I didn't want to start out allowing myself "sick days" or off time, because, as I have stated before, I am good at justifying slacking off. I have no intention of causing myself harm, on the contrary, so far this is doing a world of good for my mental clarity and sense of resolve. So the plan is still to run for all 365 days. Hopefully, I don't have to find out what I do if I get sick...

Day 12: Cold again! Gotta love the cold.... all people have been talking about for the last week is the weather, so I am not going to say any more about it for a while... What I really don't get about men is how they can somehow find someone attractive in full winter running gear. I mean seriously... I look like a poor kid whose parents didn't buy him a costume and he decided to dress up as a ninja and it's cold outside so he has to bundle up and he can't find only black clothing so he has to borrow things from his dad and older brother and no one can really tell what he is. Definitely not attractive. I had a guy honk and wave and slow down to stare at me in this state. I am somewhat surprised he could tell I was male or female. Maybe he didn't care. I just find it baffling that that is a tactic used by the gruffer sex to attract someone. Does it ever work? And if so, on whom? Or do these guys honk at all moving targets and hope that one hits the mark? Either way, I don't get it. So yeah, I ran 4.4 miles in 39 minutes. My calf muscles felt a little tight today than yesterday and I think it may have to do with the temperature (15 degrees with wind chill, and no more about the weather... I promise). I am trying to do/take all things that help with muscle recovery, perhaps that will work... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment