Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Perhaps getting ahead of myself...

Day 5: It seems that running in the cold has gotten easier. In fact, I found today exceptionally, maybe deceptively, easy. Having a friend running with me was probably helpful. Melissa, who hasn't run with me for a while (at least 5 months)came out today. I was going to run 6 miles, but she didn't have time for that so we ran 4.7. I didn't have a watch on so I don't know the time, but I guess we ran slower than I usually do, so around 10 minute miles. It was 23 degrees when we went and honestly, it was noticeably warmer. If we get up to 35 degrees again, it is going to feel down right balmy! I could probably run in a t-shirt.... well, maybe not. I think there is something for my brain, at least right now, that setting this intention, setting this goal just makes it easier to get out and run. Everyday I have run in this year thus far I just go.... I don't balk or groan... I just decide what time I am going to go and then I go. I realize it is early in the game, very early (360 days left to go) but I feel pretty good about it... I think I can do it.... yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment