Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A theme?

Days 32 and 33: Why in the hell don't people shovel their f'n sidewalks? Isn't it required by law? And even if it isn't required by law, it should be required by common decency and neighborly consideration. I can hardly run anywhere but the street. And it's been over two days since it snowed. Even many businesses, in downtown and otherwise, have not bothered to shovel. I mean, how lazy can people be!!! Alright, that was the tangent of my run a good portion of yesterday. I went on a five mile run. I felt good, my energy level was up...blah, blah... but I had to run a lot slower than I wanted because everywhere is icy and full of snow! It was annoying. Very. But I still have high hopes for February. It's bound to be better than January. They are, however, calling for snow again this weekend.... YUCK! Today I ran the 5k in 29 minutes, again, because of the snow. I moved to NC because I was sick of Colorado snow. Bleepin snow; flippin winter... I've been trying to be all sunny and rosy about the whole affair. But damn, give a sister a break. The damn groundhog saw his shadow too. I'm looking forward to April. And, man, I would kill to go to a warm, sunny beach... perhaps literally. Hitmen are bound to make better money than I do... how hard could it be? Especially, if the "mark" was someone who refused to shovel their walkways. Still probably a good thing I haven't found a way to buy a taser. Here would be one other reason that I would have to misuse it. I bet I can find one on line...

No comments:

Post a Comment