Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hubris

Day 45: There is something about day 45 that feels official. I don't know why, but it does. I woke up with a pretty wicked cold this morning. I didn't want to run. I really wanted to crawl back in bed. But, I didn't. I ran. I ran four miles in 35 minutes. I was on fire, mostly. As soon as I stopped, my head was spinning, I thought I might hurl, and I felt slightly faint. But, I recovered enough to stretch, make dinner and then crash. I'm soooooo exhausted, but I can't help being a little full of myself. I go. I go running, when I don't feel like it, when the weather is bleak, when there is really no time, when I would rather be doing anything else.... I still go. I'm feeling a little proud. You know that means a humbling is a coming. But, for now, I'll ride the wave of feeling good about myself...even if I am wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment