Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the fence

Day 46: I'm sick. There is no getting around it. Not ridiculously sick, but a pretty serious head cold. I went out running anyway. It wasn't as bad as I would have thought. I did three slow miles for self preservation. I felt pretty good the first mile and a half and a little weird the last mile and a half. When I was finished, I felt pretty good. But it went down hill from there. I felt worse and worse as the evening wore on. This morning and today at work, I felt miserable.

Day 47: So, today... feeling awful. The windchill made it feel like 15 degrees, but at least the sun was out. I decided to try the 5k and see what happened. It was easier and faster than I expected. I didn't have to walk or shorten the run. My head didn't really feel connected to my feet, but other than that it was ok. I probably could've run further, but I felt like I should keep it at a minimum so I can get rid of this crap in my head. After I finished, I felt pretty good. But, it's been about two hours and now I'm feeling wiped out. So, I'm on the fence as to whether continuing to exercise will prolong this cold or shorten it. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment