Wednesday, February 10, 2010

At least I didn't toss my cookies

Day 40: A pretty nice day. I ran five miles in about 36 minutes. My left leg was a little sore and tired, but overall it was a decent run. The weather was mild, even though they have been calling for sleet and ice all day.

Day 41: I went to Chapel Hill and went to this awesome dinner at the Lantern last night. We stayed up until about 1:30 and the room at my uncle's house that we slept in had no shades and I was up at about 6:30. I didn't fell all that great and wasn't sure if I was hungry or needed more sleep or what. We went to breakfast and I was definitely NOT hungry, in fact, I felt pretty queasy and had to leave the restaurant before everyone was finished with their breakfast. So, we had to get in the car and drive back up the mountain. I felt like dookey the whole way home. I was able to nap some, but overall I just felt like crap. We got home and I ate some cous cous and took a long nap. When I got up, I was feeling a little better, but still off. I put on my running gear and went outside in the biting wind. The first mile was a lot better than I thought it would be. I wasn't feeling awesome, but it was tolerable. Then I started to feel woozy and queasy again, so I slowed my pace a little, but was able to keep moving forward. The wind was wicked and I just had to look down at the sidewalk so my eyes didn't water too much. In some ways not looking ahead made the run more tolerable. I ran three miles in 30 minutes. I was exhausted when I got home. My joints ache and I feel pretty tired, but I am a little hungry and don't feel queasy anymore. So, now I've run when I feel sick... just not that sick. One more day down...

No comments:

Post a Comment