Saturday, April 24, 2010

OBAMA!

Day 112: Thursdays and Fridays I take it easy and run in the mornings. It's good to get it done, since I am soccer mom in the afternoon. But somewhat unexciting today. 3.5 quiet miles. The spring here is really taking it's time and is exceptionally beautiful!

Day 113: I was too tired this morning to get up and go, so I didn't. Then this afternoon I was pretty pissed off about having to go. It was hot and I was "aggro" and uninterested. I got myself out and pretty much hated the entire 5k. I should have waited until it was cooler at around 7:30, but I thought it was possible the President would come into dinner at my restaurant and I wanted to be ready!

Day 114: this morning I was thinking about giving up this dumb, self-proclaimed project. I was sitting on my porch, enjoying the wind blowing the petals off my ornamental cherry tree and thinking about how stupid this idea is... but I decided not to throw in the towel just yet. I figured I would go run around the Grove Park Inn golf course on the off chance that I would see the President... AND I DID!!!!! It was sooooo cool. I am still surprised at the effect it had on me. But seeing him, no more than 20ft from me, smiling, playing golf, waving at us spectators, was just sooo neat. I was really exhilarated afterward and had goosebumps and ran really fast. I was so glad that I went out on my run today. I'm so glad I made myself! And I got the coolest reward for it. And even though it seems so out of character for me to get sooo excited about seeing our President up close... I was... and still am a little... the rumors are still swirling that he might come to our restaurant.... I'm too excited to think about the possibility!

1 comment:

  1. Don't quit! Alicia keep going. Run, Alicia, Run! And then blog about it.

    ReplyDelete