Sunday, April 18, 2010

Morning runs and the Steeple Chase

Day 106: Another good morning run. I did four miles and enjoyed it. It's nice to have my run out of the way. My legs were feeling much better today and my pace wasn't too slow, but it wasn't as fast as I would like either. But things are definitely feeling improved.

Day 107: Steeple Chase! Which basically means I sat in the sun all day with friends and drank mint juleps and Pimm's cups. It was a lot of fun, but I neglected to run in the morning before we left... bad idea... so, when we got back to town around 6, I still had not run. Everyone was still hanging out and having a good time, so I borrowed a pair of running shoes and a jog bra and had an interesting, inebriated run. It's similar to running with a severe head cold, but a little more entertaining. Things are a little funnier when you are shnockered, so it wasn't too annoying that there wasn't any sidewalks and cars were passing a little too close. I was making sure to run carefully so I didn't have any missteps, since my head felt like a helium balloon. I borrowed Atticus' watch and ran straight up the street for 16 minutes and then turned around and came back. I am not even sure how far I ran. It was a bizarre run... but I broke a sweat and kept a fine pace... and didn't skip a day. Next time, I may choose to get up early instead... but then I just went right back to imbibing... it was a pretty fun day... and definitely doable only once a year!

Day 108: I'm feeling a little sleepy and slow today (no idea why...) and it was difficult to get motivated, but that's what Jacob is good for. The boys were out playing at friend's houses, so we took the opportunity to go out together. We did a little over 5.5 miles in a pretty good pace. I stayed with him for most of the run and fell behind in the last mile and a half. The weather was gorgeous (again! not that it ever gets old!) and it was nice to run with somebody. Jacob somehow manages to get me out on routes I don't normally take and need to remember when I am out running by myself. And now, I can take a nap on the porch... gotta love Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment