Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mabye massage is the answer

Day 92: Fine day. Did four miles quickly while the kids were out hanging with various friends. It was soooo beautiful outside and the trees are budding... just awesome. My legs are still feeling pretty heavy and lame. So, my run wasn't as much fun as it could be... I also realized I have forgotten my multi-vitamin for the last few days and I am sure that has an effect. So, I'll try to get back on that and see if that doesn't help my legs feel less tired.

Day 93: I went out for six miles, since I hadn't done a long run this week yet. And I am going for my 90 minute massage tonight, so I want to feel like I really deserve it. It was an okay run. I didn't have to stop and I didn't have to keep coercing myself to keep moving, but it felt slow and less energetic than I would have liked. I'm hoping my massage gives me some much needed relief (still haven't gotten my vitamins...)

Day 94: I did six miles again today because I may not be able to fit it in any other time this week, with traveling to Florida and all. My legs definitely felt better today. They were feeling much lighter and mobile. I didn't really run that much faster than yesterday (58 minutes yesterday; 56 minutes today) but it just felt a lot nicer. I'm guessing that the massage helped relieve some lactic acid build up and will hopefully continue to work its way out over the next few days. I will probably end up sticking to 1/2 hour runs the entire time I travel, so it is not a pain in the ass to my traveling companions. I'm really looking forward to a new place to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment