Thursday, May 6, 2010

Procrastination

I have been putting off blogging for soooo long. Running has been really enjoyable in this spring weather (almost every time)but for some reason sitting down to blog about it is not. So, it has been a week and a half since my last confession, I mean blog.... and I have run everyday. Most days I am hitting about 4.5 miles. I have this new North Asheville route that I like and can encourage myself to run more than I might otherwise.

I can mostly remember the last week and a half.... day 115: 5 miles around GPI to try and catch another glimpse of our President, no luck.
Day 116: did my old N. Asheville route which is technically 4.85 miles. Day 117: Jacob and I did the neighborhood 5k after pilates because we had stuff to do. Day 118: four miles. barely had time to fit that in. crazy, running around like a chicken with head cut off day. Day 119: early morning, beautiful run. 48 plus minutes, unsure of the mileage, but was keeping a good pace. Day 120: hot, humid afternoon. slightly grumpy about running went up into N. Asheville and pushed myself for 45 minutes. Day 121: got out even when I didn't want to go, up into N. Asheville again and ended up having a decent run. Day 122: Sunday, went up Sunset, not the full 8.5 miles, but a healthy 6.5. Nice day. Day 123: Jacob and I went out late in the evening, started out separately but then met up and did a few sprints back home, right at 4.5 miles. Day 124: Did the 5k after pilates, because again, I didn't have much time on my "day off". Day 125: Had our 5 year anniversary party last night... so, I was pretty foggy this day. I went out and ran four rather unpleasant miles. I was glad when it was over. Day 126: Today. Thursday. I get out early and even though it takes me a few minutes to get going, it is always a nice run. Something about the early morning light is so rejuvenating and awesome. I did five miles and still got to work when I wanted to, all in all a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment