Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Quarter Down

Day 90: Gorgeous weather... perfect temperature, sun shining, just absolutely wonderful! I had just about 45 minutes to fit in my run, so I went out for a good, even four and a half mile run. I ended up shaving the last half mile off, because my legs and hips are really aching and uncomfortable. I am about to start my joyous monthly flow, and I think it is possible that is part of the issue. I also wonder if the lactic acid in my legs needs some help getting out. I'm not sure. Either way, I feel like I am at a plateau that I am looking forward to coming out of.

Day 91: Another fabulous day in Asheville! It was 80! Blue skies and bright sun. It's like everyone in Asheville found the elixir of life or something. I did not run into one grumpy soul today. I went out late this evening to run (thank you daylight savings...) the air was cooling down a bit and it was beautiful. I did four miles. But again, it was kind of grueling. I'm surprised at my ability to persevere when it sucks... I manage to keep going... but it's really not much fun. I prefer it when I am exhilarated from a run as opposed to just being thankful that it is over. I hope this point I am in ends soon... I imagine being in Florida next week and having completely new places to run will make things a little more interesting, or at least I hope so. I made an appointment for an hour and a half massage (my treat to myself for getting through the first quarter) and I'm hoping that will help revive my legs a little. My feet are also a little achy... but nothing that keeps me from running...yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment