Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 300, less than 65 to go!

I have been running my five mile route all week to see how long it takes me, depending on the day and how I feel. It's been somewhat interesting. Monday (298)I ran it the regular direction. Easy at the start, a little hilly in the middle, easy at the end. It took me 45 minutes. Tuesday (299), pilates day, I ran out of time to do the whole thing, since I decided to run before pilates, and could only do a 4.5 mile run. I did it in the opposite, more hilly, direction. It took me 42 minutes, less the 1/2 mile. Wednesday, day 300!!!! I went out in the more challenging direction and ended up shaving off the last quarter mile big hill. So... it took me 43 minutes, but I lamed out a little. Thursday, making only 63 days left to go, I did the route, again in the opposite direction to try to get a real time. It took me 48 minutes. I was a little surprised that my time was 3 minutes longer, but I am having PMS and I think that makes me feel a little sluggish. So, tomorrow, I'll try the normal way and see what I come up with.

I am feeling a little funny about counting down the year this way. It makes it feel like the year has flown by. And, I'm really looking forward to the year being over so I can take a day off. I started this as a healthy distraction from what I assumed was going to be a tough year, and the winter was. But the spring and summer and fall have all been really good. So, I didn't need the distraction. It's not as if it hurt me, but it sometimes feels silly. Maybe the winter months will prove that it's good I did it for a full year and not just a season or six months or what have you. I don't hope for that, but it is hard to say. The days lessening in light and the cool breezes in the air definitely have me fighting the winter dread (as well as my husband, who really gets affected by the season change). Running IS good for boosting the mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment