Sunday, October 24, 2010

If I could bottle it....

When you have a really good run... good energy throughout but feel worked at the end... weather nice (although not a necessity) the sense of euphoria is so wonderful and beneficial to the whole day. Unfortunately, it doesn't last as long as one might like and for me, at this point, I have to run 6 miles plus to get that feeling (most of the time). Sometimes I'm just so damn happy that I'm done with my run for the day (like last week when I was sick). But if I could bottle that sense of elation and pure energy, well...I'd be rich... and totally euphoric all the time... it would be nice...

I ran with a new person this week, which was fun. Mauri, who I have known for years, is a big fitness person but not a big runner (although she is six feet tall). We went out and kept a good pace for a quick four mile run (she is perpetually running behind so that was all the time we had). It was refreshing to run with someone new and Mauri just has such a bright and fun personality that the miles just flew by. If we had more time, I could have run for a long time with her, but she is not quite sure she is ready for that, but she's going to try next week.

I have 67 days left. I need new running shoes horribly, but I buy the most popular style and have the most average foot size... so hopefully they will be in next week. In the 297 consecutive days that I have run, my joints, hip and leg, have been doing really well. My feet, mostly, have as well (I did lose my left middle toenail and the right one is getting ready to go...). But when my running shoes are shot (which they are now) I can REALLY feel the difference. My left foot and knee start to bother me after about 2.5 miles and don't stop until I stop... good shoes are pretty darn important.

And again, I have to say, fall in Asheville is the most AMAZING time to run! Right now the world just looks on fire with the bright, beautiful colors of all the leaves. It is just so spectacular, I can't get over it (obvi, as all of my last few posts can attest). Now that I have run and cleaned my house, I am going to sit outside and enjoy another wonderful day in Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment