Wednesday, October 13, 2010

79 days to go....

Let's see... this week in running.... I'm not sure if I have mentioned it yet, but fall in Asheville is AMAZING! We had a little cooler weather over the weekend followed by some stunning, warm, bright, beautiful days. This is where, if you were not a runner/walker/exerciser you would have to be encouraged to GET OUT AND ENJOY! Anyhow, enough of my emoting about the weather. Saturday (282) the boys were out and about with friends and such so I took the opportunity to run (I've been getting really good at going running as soon as an opportunity presents itself). I went and did my five mile route in N. Asheville because I loooove getting to see how and when the leaves change, so staying on a consistent route gives me a really good opportunity. It was a fine run, but I noticed I was starting to feel a little puny again. I dosed myself with Vitamin C and echinacea and tried to take it easy. Sunday, I felt pretty awful. It's like the only way I seem to get sick, lack of energy, kinda crappy feeling but not all out bad. So, I just did an easy four mile run in the neighborhood (and even walked the big hill, shhh) I just kept going and finished, which was fine. But then later in the afternoon, I was done! I had to lie down and take a quick nap, which helped a little. Monday (284) was similar, except I took a nap before I ran, and that seemed to help. So, my four mile run on Monday was just a smidge more energetic (didn't walk the hill this time). Tuesday I was feeling a lot better and went on a long, hilly run with Jacob. He is always good for pushing me to run a little further and harder than I might otherwise. We ran for about an hour and did about 6.5 miles, again, they were very hilly. But we totally crushed some other runner up the big hill, it was pretty cool. So, today... I did my N. Asheville route backward, which makes it hilly in the beginning and end instead of the middle. It's nice to mix it up because coming from a different direction you notice different things about the trees and houses and such, or at least I do. I realized today, though, that with the time change coming up and the days being shorter and colder, it might just be a little more difficult to manage my time and my runs... but with 79 days left to go, I am certainly planning on figuring it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment