Saturday, May 22, 2010

A runner, yes... a blogger, well... not so much

Again, life is hectic and then when I have quiet moments I would rather sit on my porch in the sunshine (which I am perfecting the 10 minute "old man" porch nap), so I haven't been up for blogging as much. The weather here has been just absolutely awesome! So wonderful and sunny and mild, great running weather, but even better chilling on the porch weather. So the long and short of the last week....

day 135: had to do neighborhood laps again! Saturdays are turning out to be harder days to get in a fun run. I am taking care of multiple boys and have to be centrally located at the house. It is also one of the only days I have for cleaning. So this Saturday I did 3 of the loops and called it good!

Day 136: since yesterday was so light, I decided to run up Sunset (which ends up being right at 8.5 miles.) It was a beautiful morning and a really nice run. I was pretty whooped afterwards but glad I went out on a long run (finally!)

Day 137: The soreness of my legs kept me to running just a little over 3.5 miles. I was keeping a good pace with Jacob, but then I was done after 30 minutes. So, I stopped and went home to sit on my porch (which you may have guessed is one of my all time FAVORITE things to do).

Day 138: Ran four miles after pilates. My legs were still feeling a little worked, but stronger than yesterday. Good run, fine pace. No real news to report.

Day 139: Did a variation of my five mile route into N.Asheville. Again... weather was awesome, I was feeling fine. All in all pretty good.

Day 140: Morning run with Melissa. Did a 4.5 North Asheville run. Kept a decent pace. A little slower than I do normally, but a little faster than Melissa has run in the past. Pretty nice.

Day 141: Misty, cool morning. Had to get my act together and get out on a run early. I thought I had to take the carpool so I just did a quick four mile run into downtown. Got home just as the rain was starting to come down. Good timing!

Day 142: Another dang Saturday. Today was different in that I got stuck working at the sandwich shop for several hours due to a street festival. Then, of course, the boys were out running about so I needed to stay close to home (again!). But the festival made it so my "lap" was a little larger than I usually do and the weather is mild enough I did four loops, which I am guessing gets me at about 4.5 miles. Not too bad. But the Saturday lap thing is slightly lame. Summer camp is coming up pretty soon, and then I won't even have to worry about it. So, I can handle a few more Saturdays like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment