Monday, May 10, 2010

Hot and Cold

Day 127: FRIDAY! My girlfriends were going to come hang out this afternoon, so I had to get out on my run as soon as I got home. It was pretty hot and muggy... and it was a code orange ozone day (which means it is bad to exercise outside). So, I started out all on fire and raring to go. I decided to do a five mile route I've been enjoying and was keeping a great clip. I definitely noticed the weight in my lungs. The air really feels thick and oppressive on those poor air quality days. It really sucks! I certainly hope that there aren't too many of those... because I am not really interested in damaging my lungs... by RUNNING! It's just baffling.

Day 128: The life of a mother... my kids were out and about in the neighborhood hanging and playing with friends, but not in such a way that I could really get out and run. So, much, much, much later in the day then I had wanted to go, I went out and basically did laps in my 'hood. I have a one mile loop and I ran it four times, so I could run by the house and check in. It wasn't all bad, in fact in some ways it was kind of fun, but that last loop was kind of boring.

Day 129: Sunday. Mother's Day. It was a beautiful, but really cool day. Jacob had to work all day (and I only threw myself a small pity party), so I went out for five miles and tested how quickly I could do it. (Ya know, boys sitting at home watching a movie... ) So, I ran the five mile route backward for variety and did it in right at 45 minutes. So, decent... but not quite as good as I wanted it to be. And then, I went to see Iron Man, 'cuz I sure do love that Robert Downey Jr.!

Day 130: It feels like late fall out there today! It was drizzly and cold! How bizarre for May 10th. I took a nap after work since I was feeling like I might be getting a migraine or coming down with something. And then I went out on a 4.25 mile run mostly in my neighborhood. My pace was good and I warmed up quickly... but it is still bizarre to see people walking around in sweaters.... SWEATERS! I mean, honestly, I think they might be overreacting a little... it is still almost 60... but I understand their point. And then it is supposed to be 80 on Wednesday... odd, just odd. As long as their is a breeze, I can take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment