Saturday, December 4, 2010

chapped hide

I am seriously grumpy about this bleeping cold weather! My face is chapped, my lips are chapped, my hands are dry... and it isn't even technically winter yet. I haven't quite got my mind around dressing appropriately for the weather either. I just don't want to have to put on the ninja suit already. I'm just not willing to accept it!!!! I had a good run on Friday due to the weather not being to bitter and partially sunny, but otherwise it has been miserable, miserable, miserable. I am particularly grumpy today because of sleet and rain and gray, gray, gray. Yuck. On a more positive note, I ran with my friend's 14 year old daughter in her first foot race. It was really sweet. She did awesome. We ran 8 minute miles, even up the hills, and she kept up really well the entire run. In fact, if she were to do just a little training, I think she will be quite a runner and certainly faster than me. It was a lot of fun getting to experience something like that with a first timer. Her parents were there to cheer her on... and then we were done and the sleet started... which is better than starting before the run. Tomorrow I am supposed to run up Sunset with Mauri and it is supposed to snow. SNOW DAMMIT!!! We are going to run it anyway. At day 339, why the F not?

No comments:

Post a Comment