Tuesday, July 27, 2010

a running we will goooooo

Days 203 to 208:

HOT! HOT! HOT! I mean, seriously, hot. I have had to run earlier in the morning than I like to get moving, just to make it tolerable. I have pretty much stayed right at 4.5 miles most of these 90 degree days, because I just can't quite eek out any more than that in the heat. We went to the lake house again for the weekend and it was 101. 107 with heat index. It was beastly. But, at least after a straight, hot, boring four and a half miler I could hop in the lake and cool off. So, it was definitely bearable. Then, when we returned to Asheville, we had this great thunderstorm late in the afternoon that actually cooled things down, so it was only about 82 when I went out to run, the humidity was pretty high still, but better nonetheless. It was still cool this morning and I was up early anyway (the horn on our car decided it should indiscriminately honk for 45-60 seconds at a time, without any say so by the driver. We got up early this morning to take the car so that we wouldn't get stuck behind somebody at a light when the horn decided to go off and look like we were being gigantic assholes blaring on our horn for no apparent reason.) So, it was around 74 and partly cloudy this am and the run was nice. I did 5 miles. If I didn't have pilates I could have done more, but I have a standing appointment I have to make... and so the 200's are moving right along.... I'm really excited about the prospect of being in the 300's! Better not get ahead of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment