Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hot, hot, hot!

Day 186: the weather has definitely been nicer, but it is still pretty hot. I had to wait until about 7:30 to get out running. It is a very different experience running in the evening than other times. It is quiet, like the mornings, but in a more settled way. The mornings feel pregnant with possibility while the evenings feel peaceful and slow. It's fun running by people eating dinner on their porches, then I get to look forward to my dinner on the porch after running.

Day 187: again, I had to wait until late in the evening to run. I had pilates this morning and my legs were feeling really worked. So, at the end of my five and a half miles, I was ready to lie down and not use my legs any further.

Day 188: Did a morning run... although a little later in the morning then I meant to... and the temperature was rising fast. It was nice to run before the wind down of the evening... and to know that I would get to "chill" at the pool later and drink some rose... it's the little things in life that make one happy!

Day 189: Part of what I don't like about blogging, is that nothing exciting really happens on my runs. I was thinking about that today when I was out running. Most all of my runs are pretty uneventful, and I am happy for that, but it makes for boring recounting. If I were talking about other aspects of my life it might be more entertaining (although only slightly). But today's run was a little more eventful in that I ran wearing contacts for the first time. I don't know if the prescription is just right yet because distances were a little hard to gauge and so my footing was unsure. It was still beastly hot when I went out and so my running felt slow and sluggish and like I was suffering from vertigo... sounds fun, I know. but then I got home and realized I'd kept a decent 8.5 minute mile for my 4.5 miles. I was sure it was going to be a lot slower than that. So... maybe I'll get contacts that work or just scrap the whole idea... we shall see (just currently not very clearly).

No comments:

Post a Comment