Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beach running aka boring running

Day 147: went running with Melissa did 4.5 miles. It was nice as usual. Took just a little shy of 40 minutes. And got to work at a decent time. All in all pretty good.

Day 148: Got out early and ran just the 5k so I could get ready and leave for the beach. It was a fine quick run, mostly because I was so stoked about going to the beach.

Day 149: It rained really hard on the first morning at the beach. We got out to run later than we had anticipated, but it wasn't too hot since the rain cooled things off. I had forgotten how the flat, windy beach makes running any distance difficult. There is something about seeing the pier way off in the distance and it seeming like it is taking forever to get any closer that makes for some feelings of futility (i.e. hamster wheel.) I eeked out 30 minutes of running, but just barely.

Day 150: Today I did much better. I ran to the end of the "inlet" on surface streets and then ran on the beach on the way back. It was about a 5 mile run and I did it in about 43 minutes and then I lay on the beach for the rest of the day (yes, I did get a little sunburned)

Day 151: Again a much better day today. I did the same basic route but the opposite direction and ran further down the beach than yesterday. I'm pretty sure I did about 5.5 miles in 48 minutes. And, again, the best part was reading and relaxing on the beach for the rest of the day.

Day 152: I waited to run until we got back home this afternoon... probably not the best idea. My legs and hips were aching from the car ride and sleeping on a bed that is not my own. My feet and ankles were also sore from running on the sand. I was wiped out from all that sun and partying and was sooooo uninterested in going. Jacob went with me and we ran barely over 3 miles. So, at least I went, because sometimes I wonder why I got myself into this...

Day 153: I'm heading out now, for a four mile run... the boys got "taken away" so I am going to strike while the iron is hot... so to speak. I'm just gonna take it nice and easy and then come home and try to put my house back in order from my wonderful, relaxing, restorative weekend at the beach. Now, if we could just make it so that everything was done like we were here to do it when we got back... then that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment