Friday, September 3, 2010

119 days to go!

I really wish I would run on Friday mornings instead of wait until the afternoon. It's just not always possible. But there is something about Friday afternoons where I just want to kick off my shoes after work and chill... but I can't if I didn't run earlier in the day. The cooler evening air has been a god send and I have been really enjoying running around 5:30 or 6:00. Earlier in the week, I did a fun 45 minute run with Jacob that kicked my butt. Then I ran a six miler up into N. Asheville in the early evening that was divine (day 244). Some of the leaves are starting to change and you can feel the imminence of fall, my favorite season. I also am getting closer and closer to my goal. I am proud of myself and somewhat surprised that I've kept with it. I was sure there would be something that would come up that I could use as an excuse to stop, but so far... nothing (knock on wood!). So, today, Friday (day 246), I had one of those opportunities to go running without leaving my kids unattended (which I prefer) and so I took it. It was probably good I had that motivation because I really wanted to sit on my porch with a cocktail and do nothing. But now that my five mile run is done, I can do just that. And it is sort of funny how quickly the year is going...I'm almost surprised it's almost fall. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment