Sunday, August 15, 2010

138 days to go...

Let's see... running.... I have had some really great days and some really, really sucky days. I am not entirely sure what will make one day better than the other. I do know that if I have worked a long, stressful day that my legs are pretty shot at the end, but the mind clearing is always nice. But those runs are usually so hard to get through. I had two of those day 223 and day 225. In between those two days wasn't so bad. I ran early in the morning on 224 since we had to pick Dallas up at the airport in the afternoon and it was nice and cool and my legs were not too stiff. But I've been feeling like I am running slower than usual, and my body is feeling all of it's 35 years (of which I will be tomorrow). It's been slightly discouraging. I have scheduled a long massage for my birthday and am hoping that will help my legs and feet feel better. Yesterday I ran with Jacob (day 226) and it was one of the first times I've actually beat him running. I was pushing the pace for almost the entire four mile run! It was pretty awesome. When we went to climb Zillicoa, he did beat me then, but still... I must be getting a little better if I am able to push Jacob!!! And today (day 227) I went and did five miles in a good pace (nothing too great due to the heat, I suspect) and then got home and had to go straight to work (putting out fires), which stunk, but at least I got in a good run. And so 35 rotations around the sun and 227 days into this 365 day project.... I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment